[Grand Lodge]
[Calendar] [Search] [Resources] [History] [Links] [Sitemap]
Hogarth Jewel
Designed by William Hogarth, appointed a Grand Steward in 1734 for the 17 April 1735 Feast at Mercer's Hall, and worn by all Grand Stewards—and many Past Grand Stewards—until 1835. Prior to 1735 the jewel was without the circle and larger. Also see a jewel worn by Past Grand Stewards for about twenty years following the 1835 change of jewel to a compasses and cornucopia.
MASONIC JEWELS | MASONIC JEWELLERY | 19TH CENTURY PINS | ARCHIVES

Reprinted with permission from Ars Quatuor Coronatorum, vol. lcccci (1978), p. 171. Click on image to enlarge.

ANTI-MASONRY | ESSAYS & PAPERS | GRAND LODGE OF BC AND YUKON | HOME | LINKS | SITEMAP
[Anti-masonry]

© 1871-2017 Grand Lodge of British Columbia and Yukon A.F. & A.M. Updated: 2010/11/18
freemasonry.bcy.ca/regalia/jewels/grand_steward_jewel_hogarth_pre_1835.html