During his lifetime, Palmer Coxs great-grand nephew, James Dalton (1954-1996), acquired a small but significant collection of Palmer Coxs effects and Brownie books. The following is the sum of references to Freemasonry.
Palmer Coxs wallet in the James Dalton Collection.
- single sheet folded: Officers and Members of Mission Lodge No. 169. July 31, 1885
- business card Franklin H. Day, Secretary California Lodge, Chapter & Council. Masonic Temple
- receipt: Mission Lodge No. 169. June 3, 1895
- receipt: Mission Lodge No. 169. May 25, 1896
- receipt: Mission Lodge No. 169 June 2, 1892
- receipt note: California Chapter No. 5 R.A.M.. January 3, 1894
- notebook, attached: accounts; sketches; notes; diary; published Lodge notices (see below)
- additional non-masonic papers.
Mission Lodge No. 169, F. & A. M., installed the following officers, at Masonic Hall, Wednesday evening: Palmer Cox, W. M.; A. R. Smith, S. W.; F. A. Reynolds, J. W.; William Ede, Treasurer; J. W. Harville, Secretary; John Wagner, S. D.; Joseph McMorld[?], J. D.; J. G. Smith, Marshal; C. W. Norman and John Hammit, Stewards; Peter S. Wilson, Tyler.
Masonic Notice. -- Mission Lodge No. 169 F. and A. M. -- The Officers and Members of this Lodge are hereby notified to attend a Called Meeting thereof THIS (WEDNESDAY) EVENING, Nov. 19th, at 7 1/2 o'clock at Masonic Hall, corner of Sixteenth and Valencia streets. Members of sister Lodges and sojourning brethren are fraternally invited to attend. By order of the W. M. J.W. HARVILLE, Secretary.